Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Houshang Amirahmadi at My Table! Pllllease! So we go to this Iranian restaurant where after 5 years of living in Connecticut and pretty much being deprived of every Persian cuisine I can finally enjoy some Cholo Kabob. Life is so much better when having a plate of rice and Kabob. However, as the plate is placed on the table my Iranian husband starts to give me his input on Amirahmadi’s recent article. I truly don’t want to hear about these regime appeasers when I eat but he talks with such passion that I have to give in. He tells me I should give Amriahmadi and his like-minded the benefit of the doubt but my question is why he (Amirahmadi) has made this division of people in three camps (nokar/opportunist, tension-maker, and normalization advocate). And why he calls the United States the enemy but lives and works here! It is much more respectful to be in the servise of the United States which IS a free and democratic country then the servant of a murderous regime. The regime in Iran has committed horrendous crimes. With such a regime one doesn’t show sympathy or empathy and doesn't go into talks. Anyways I just wanted to eat my Kabob and gladly said goodbye to the topic until the next time Amirahmadi writes another one of his "good" articles with his off the charts conclusions.