Thursday, July 22, 2004

Elham writes: I love your prose poems.
Roger says: You should lay off the Coffee.
I think to myself: Only if they knew.

Elham writes: You remind me of Jo(Josephine) in Little Women (by Louisa May Alcott). Remember you gave it to me to read? I say yes. I remember. I think to myself�I remember the day Maman came home and gave me the new books she had bought me. The Little Women with a black cover. I read it and loved it and gave it to Elham to read.

All these years we have been those little women growing in to a world of unexpected lives. My friends of 20 something years are all little �iranian-women grown in to hardworking professionals. Only if the lives of these little women from a country overruled by a cruel and corrupt government were anything like the peaceful days of Ms. Alcott�s Little Women, then we all were not living in exile, inside the homeland or outside.

And I think to myself: Only if I could tell them about my beloved!