Friday, September 22, 2006




Today is a day when Iraq attacked Iran… and two nations faced death, and destruction because of their cut throat regimes.


Forked Tongue, knifed Eyes

Every morning we lift our heads, straighten our back, walk out of the door. Every morning I wonder if my daughter will have her breakfast or not. I tell her there are children starving in the world. Every morning I have to come up with a new trick out of my magic hat for her to have that breakfast. Every morning I ask my husband if he will like tea or coffee with his breakfast. Every morning we leave the house to a world where being Iranian is equivalent to being a terrorist. Every morning we leave home to be treated as a Khatami, an Ahmadinejad, a Rafsanjani, a Khamenei, a Khomeini, A regime’s representative! And all this regardless of whom we are and what we have endured to be here, regardless of how many times we have been bruised and cut, regardless of how many times death has knocked on our door because of living in Iran or when leaving Iran... Today... we still carry a full bag of identity mixed and merged with the occupying regime... and our face; accent, walk, and place of birth give away that identity.