Monday, March 13, 2006


And my today's Kathak dance of story telling actually comes forth from an incident that happened to me yesterday!

Fuck You Arab!

This was what I heard as I walked passing his car. A few minutes earlier he and two other boys had looked me straight in the eye with hate and despise! The boy didn't know I am not an Arab and it wouldn't matter to him or to me. What matters now and then is that he hated me for what I presented to him. It is not the first time I have heard racist remarks. I lived in Denmark for many years where freedom of speech for most parts means social and psychological abuse of the immigrants. The difference between Denmark and U.S. is I have a say over here. I can do something about it. I have a choice. For me United States is where my dignity as a human being is not questioned. You see! I can't complain in Denmark. I can only be grateful to Denmark for all it has offered me as its citizen when my birth country (Iran) rejected, and treated me as a second citizen for being a woman...

but here is United Stated and I have the civil right!