Monday, January 16, 2006

One of my readers whom I have come to know, is an Iranian woman residing in Canada. She is a PhD in mathematics education. I asked for her permission to post parts of her e-mail on my blog...
Iran Verses United States and Iran verses Israel!

"We had some guests over for lunch. One of the gusts started talking about Ahmadinejad and why he thinks that Ahmadinejad is better than Bush (well this was not a surprise) and why he thinks that Ahmadinejad is a logical, reasonable person and he kept praising him for being strong... This blew my mind! Ahmadinejad being logical? Being strong... Being logical? Being true to Iran? If Israel had nukes, we should have it too, he said... America doesn't have democracy... It is like Iran but not much better he said... I was getting mad... I pleaded to my lefties friends; I said say something to this man but in reply they said well... he is right, why should Israel have the nuke? We should have it too... they agreed that US has a bit of democracy though! But their hate for Israel is so strong that they like Ahmadinejad!!!! Anti-Semitics! These are some Iranian intellectuals for god's sake. What should we do dear Sheema? Why are these people blind to the facts? It seems as if they have some sort of paralysis of intellect. They look and smell and talk like intellectuals, but their ideas are bizarrely out of date and not updateable!"