Friday, March 11, 2005

A) Last night when I kissed the little girl goodnight... I noticed the big yellow flashlight next to her pillow. Putting two and two together I suddenly realized I am looking at a future firefighter! She has to have her shoes on at all times and has a flashlight handy! She slides down the stairs (and drives me nuts by doing so) and loves firefighter trucks...

B)Her uncle (my brother in-law) called from Georgia last night to see what he should send the little girl for her birthday. P told him dresses! She loves to have pretty dresses on. When she has a colorful dress on, she runs to the nearest mirror and starts saying how pretty she is/she looks... runs back to us and has her arms around our legs, saying Merci!

C) When I was a young girl and my cousin Saman...kept asking my uncle (his dad) to tell him the same story over and over, I wonderd why on earth does this little boy want to hear the little duck driving a car every day! Now the little girl has to hear the story of Bamby over and over and with her eyes looking at my mouth, listening to the strange sounds bamby is making when she is lost... I can see how my uncle may have been feeling at the time (my bamby-story is my own self created bamby-the bamby who doesn't hold her maani and baba's hand and gets lost and the police finds her and brings her back to the parents and she promises not to ever ever ever... not to ever ever ever go anywhere when she is not holding her manni and baba's hands... and like my little girl, the bamby of the story washes her hair with shampoo so that the jerms get washed away, washes her hands when coming home so that the jerms get washed away, helps her maani So that maani doesn't get too tired... and again like the little girl, the bamby of the bamby story holds her parents hands when they leave home.)