Tuesday, October 04, 2005



I comprehend the awe Magdalene felt
when they pushed back the stone
to discover a miracle beyond understanding,
watching while the light dims with the hope
of this scene as more than voyeurism
in some unmarked scripture, watching until
you put away the moment as you disappear
into an evening where I never shall belong.

from the poem "A stone's throw from a glass house" by my friend Roger Humes
-------------

When... taking my daughter to her ballet lessons... we (mom and daughter,) listened to U2's bloody Sunday... the little girl was humming... and words... once again... started... sinking in my blood and bones...

I can't believe the news today
Oh, I can't close my eyes
And make it go away
How long...
How long must we sing this song?
How long? How long...

and I thought to myself... for how long... are we the Iranians... going to remain the last minute nation... this being stuck in our great Cyrus' past... when most developing countries... are graduating into the next stages of industrial growth and political freedom... we are still executing Kurdish freedom fighters, our journalists and bloggers rotten in the prisons of the oppressive regime, and killing women is just another way of the governing body of men in the ruling regime... taking revenge/getting back at their moms!

... but as Mary H. Waldrip says: "It's important the people should know what you stand for. It's equally important that they know what you won't stand for"... and I don't stand the injustice!