Friday, May 27, 2005

Free Akbar Ganji


This morning I was sitting next to the little girl on the sofa, watching with her... one of her favorite cartoons... when she started to question about the penguin and his dad! Penguin, I told the little girl... has a baba/dad but no maani/mama. Like me, I told her. I don't have a maani. Some people have a baba or a maani or have both. Some have two mannis but no baba and there are also some kids who have two baba but no maani! Then there are those who live with their grandpa... and she listened... and my mind wandered off the subject and started to recall how my parents had it easy... instead of discussing these issues... they were telling us... to be cautious of the revolutionary spies in our schools... to not read such and such book outside our home... not to get involved in politics... not to attract attention... or those murderer mullahs would take us and no one would know of our whereabouts... like dad's friends... like the cousin of a neighbor... the dentist, the doctor, the worker, the teacher, the soldier, the student, my relatives...

Come to think of it my parents had some difficult time... I rather explain to my little girl why not all families have one mama and one dad!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I haven't got the results for the MRI from my head which leaves me with nothing but chewing my nails to the extent of nonexistence.