Saturday, June 09, 2007

Here is my recent interview with the Voice of America. The topic was Human Rights and political prisoners in Iran. I don’t know if I am pregnant or just looking like this these days. The thing is I can’t talk without smiling and this is the first time in my life (I guess) that I am talking so seriously that my soul feels drained from the absence of my smile! It's also interesting that my living in Denmark for many years shows with such strength. The fact that when I don’t know the answer to a question regarding a Kurdish Iranian prisoner in Iran I don’t pretend to know and don’t come up with hundred and one tale, the Iranian style! There was another Human Rights Activist who gave info on the mistreatment of the prisoners in Iran and reminded us about Haleh Esfandiari as well. I had got the call for this interview a day before yesterday. I wish I had time to prepare. The producer and the journalist who interviewed me were peaceful and kind to me and to the other guest. Later when I was getting ready to leave I met a few American fans! They complimented me on my camera presence and were interested in buying my Echoes in Exile but I just signed and gave one to each of them as my gift of the day. What can I say I am such a charming soul!